Frequently Asked Question
Why do I need to reserve the name of a company in Malaysia?
There are a few reasons why you might need to reserve a name for your company in Malaysia.
- It ensures that no one else can use that name for their business. This can help avoid confusion and potential legal issues down the road.
- It shows that you are serious about your business and are committed to operating in Malaysia. This can give you a leg up when it comes to securing financing or partnerships.
- It helps protect your brand and build goodwill with customers and clients.
- Perhaps you are planning to set up a new business in the country and want to ensure that you have the right to use the chosen name.
- Finally, you may already have a business elsewhere but want to expand into Malaysia and need to register your company name there too. Whatever the reason, it is a relatively simple process to register or reserve a company name in Malaysia.
What is the requirement/procedure to reserve a company name in Malaysia?
In order to reserve a company name, you must first submit an application to the Registrar of Companies. The application must be in writing and include the following information:
- The proposed company name
- The proposed business activity
- The full name and address of the applicant
- The date on which the application was made
The Registrar of Companies will then carry out a search of the company’s register to see if the proposed name is available for use. If the name is available, it will be reserved for a period of 60 days.
What are the time limits for reserving a company name?
The Registrar of Companies must reserve the company name within 14 days of receiving the application.
How can OneCompany help me with reserving a name for my company?
OneCompany can help you with all aspects of registering or reserving a name for your company in Malaysia. We can search for available names, help you file the necessary paperwork, and even assist with the registration process. Contact us today to get started.
How to reserve the name of a company in Malaysia?
To reserve the name of a company in Malaysia, you will need to file an application with the Registrar of Companies. The process is easy and straightforward, and OneCompany can help you with everything from drafting the application to filing it with the Registrar. To reserve a name for your company in Malaysia, simply place an order online with onecompany.my. We will take care of the rest for you.
Can I reserve the company name by myself in Malaysia?
Yes, you can reserve the name of a company in Malaysia by yourself. However, we recommend that you seek assistance from OneCompany as we can help with everything from drafting the application to filing it with the Registrar. This will ensure a smooth process and take care of your needs down the road.
How to search and reserve company names in Malaysia?
OneCompany can help you with all aspects of reserving a name for your company in Malaysia. We can search for available names, help you file the necessary paperwork, and even assist with the registration process. To get started, simply place an order online. We will take care of the rest for you.